Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tracing Faces

See how I did this cool sketch of myself :)


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Took a selfie (with an iPod Touch) and emailed the photo to myself

Cranked my laptop's screen brightness and (very lightly) traced my head and face on some scrap paper lying around
**I use Black R2 Rollerball Pens, my favorite for almost any art project with pen or inking (plus they're only 50¢!!)


Snapped a pic of the sketch... I usually scan art I plan to edit or touch up, but all I had was my iPod Touch, so I just took a pic on the trunk of my car



Deleted everything! Well, at least everything that wasn't ink... I used Pixlr Editor https://pixlr.com/ (like a free Adobe Photoshop app) -- exclusively using the magic wand select and eraser tools. I felt pretty good about this edit because I usually have to touch up a few mistakes for a sketch, but I only fixed one thing about this (my glasses)

And that's it! I made an awesome sketch / image of myself that makes me look 100 x more cool and hardcore than I really am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment