Monday, September 29, 2014

Turned Myself Into A Cartoon

Drew a cartoon version of myself :) and sketched the head and body in tons of positions



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


 Redrew my head/ face... I used to draw a simple drawing of my face a few years back, but that was before I had a beard and glasses :)



Added the beard and glasses and connected the hair (so it can be colored in) in preparation for some projects I'll use it for...

Decided on round glasses after doing a lot of sketches -- most of which I'm not really proud of, but it was important I do them... Figured out 



Searched Google Images for cartoon body references

Search terms used:
  • Cartoon Walking
  • Cartoon Child Walking Away
  • Cartoon Standing
  • Cartoon Sitting
  • Cartoon Running
  • Cartoon Pose Reference

*See bottom of page for images used



Traced the cartoon bodies found in Google Images... Put paper (regular print paper) over my laptop monitor, turned the brightness up to the max, and (lightly) traced over the cartoon bodies


Wasn't tracing exactly what I saw... Used the cartoon's poses as inspiration for my own character I was creating -- using them more like references than anything  



Now that I'd drawn my body and head (in various poses / angles) the way I want them, I can use them as references...

(Like with the final drawing on the top of this page) I just sketched a body with a head I'd drawn, together

Traced the sketch with more solid lines (making it more final, and less like a sketch)... That's it! :) Now I can use the poses for whatever I'd like in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment